- Attractive hourly rate with work vehicle
- Full time role with established company
- Tool allowance
About the Employer:
My client is an established family owned business located in the Otago region with a friendly close knit team comprising 15 staff. Supporting mining and local industry they undertake a range of component rebuilds including mechanical repairs and service of heavy machinery.
About the Role:
An opportunity has arisen for a Heavy Diesel Mechanic to work based out of their Dunedin operation. Mining site experience is preferred, however candidates with 2+ years experience with significant heavy equipment experience in a related sector (forestry/civil construction) will be considered. This is an excellent opportunity to join an established company with a proven track record and loyal client base.
To be considered for this position you will possess a relevant Trade Qualification, a clean NZ drivers licence and forklift licence. Our preferred candidate will be adaptable, self motivated, have an easy going temperament and be able to work both independently and as part of a team.
Our client takes health & safety extremely seriously, therefore random drug and alcohol testing on site will be a prerequisite and ongoing requirement of this position.
- Established business with a loyal client base
- Attractive hourly rate & vehicle commensurate with candidate experience
- Ongoing professional development / progression opportunities
- Flexibility of hours when not rostered on mine support
- Maintain, service, troubleshoot, test & repair open-pit mining equipment
- Onsite emergency breakdowns
- Coordinate site based equipment maintenance projects
- Ensure excellent customer service is provided
- Ability to adapt to dynamic work schedules and flexible shifts
Skills and Experience:
- Relevant Trade Certification for Heavy Diesel Mechanic
- Heavy equipment experience in mining or related sector (forestry/civil construction)
- Current and clean NZ drivers licence
- Height Safety and EWP experience
- Forklift licence
- Awareness of chemical, health and safety issues
- Excellent customer service, communication and self-management skills
Please forward your cover letter and resume in WORD format.
Please note only candidates that meet our client’s selection criteria will be contacted.
Job ID: KFDM01
← Back to job listings